Monday, March 28, 2011

Going the Distance

Guess what!

I decided just last week that I'm going to run the in the Cleveland half-marathon!

.......And it's on May 15th!



I absolutely can not wait. I realize that at this point it's going to be a stretch miracle to pull it off, but I'm just looking for an excuse to make myself run everyday, if I'm being honest.

I need that.

It's almost summertime, people! Don't you know what that means?
Vacations!
Bikinis!
Hot bods!
Skirts/Shorts/Dresses!
My brothers wedding/seeing all of my relatives and family friends I haven't seen in forever!



What I'm trying to say is, that since summer is coming up and I've basically been slacking on my diet anddd exercise for the past ummm.... like year and have gained like 15 pounds, I need to get this weight off. And now's the time! (The above photo was pre-15 lbs, fyi....what a skinny bitch)

For the first time in a long time, I'm feeling really motivated to do something about my weight and am excited to push myself when I run. I plan on tracking my runs and diet on here as often as I can, to hold me accountable and to track my progress.

Sooo with that being said, yesterday I ran outside and did roughly 4 miles. It was a reallyyyy hilly 4 miles so I was proud of that, right out of the gate. Because it was Sunday, I had the traditional oh-so-delicious family dinner which was awesome, yet also left me mad that I worked so hard and ate my calories. I vowed that today would be healthier.

And it was!

I'm proud of myself because I went to the gym without my workout buddy (that's hard for me to do..seriously) and knocked out 5.2 miles and 700 calories in 60 minutes flat. Also, I was especially conscious about what I put in my body today and used my food tracker app on my blackberry. If you're trying to watch your weight, I would totally recommend it! It's free, yo!

I love food, I really do.........so the diet part of weight loss is always where I struggle. I'll keep you updated on how that goes for me during my training.

On that note, I'm off to stretch, catch the end of Dancing with the Stars, and get some shut-eye!

Night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment