Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nashville


I wish I was still there!

There's no way I can even begin to describe what a wonderful time I had...but I'll try to do my best!

Although it was a quick trip, I absolutely fell in love with this city and even more in love with my man. On our way home I even declared I'd move there in a heartbeat. It's that cool.

Trust me.

Or better yet, go there yourself!

Soo we flew out of Cleveland early Wednesday and into Chicago Midway for what was supposed to be a quick layover, but ended up being delayed for an additional 4 hours. Although it was a bummer that we weren't in Nashville like we planned, we made the best of it and continued our vacation, but in the airport.

There was a lot of this...




...but that was fine by me!




Finally, after a long day, we made it to warm Nashville and to our GORGEOUS Hilton hotel, right downtown. We were anxious to see what the city had to offer, so we cleaned up walked right around the corner to some really cool little country bars.

We literally hung out all night listening to the awesome live bands play song after song as we drank and relaxed. Hellooooooo Vacay!



After wayyyy too many drinks and some fabulous music, we crashed for the night.

The next morning we were excited to explore the city and did lots of walking around. We ate at a local brewery in downtown for lunch and then went from shop to shop and checked out what Nashville had to offer!

We decided against the touristy type things like Grand Ol Opry just because neither of us really had an interest and because it wasn't really close to where we were. Instead, we continued our plight of going in and out of different bars listening to music. I feel like we got really lucky and saw some awesome talent!

That night we went to a delicious restaurant called Demos and ate until we were stuffed. The man had a steak with spaghetti on the side and I had mozzarella chicken with spaghetti on the side. DE-LISH.

The next morning it was time to head to the airport and before we knew it, we were back in C-land.

If you haven't been to Nashville, you have to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment