Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Hey-o!
I'm sitting here watching Biggest Loser, my all time favorite show, and I'm super proud of my healthy and productive day today!



Today started out a little rough when I woke up sooo incredibly sore. My butt, calves and thighs are just really tight (I'm not complaining).

It's been a long time since I've felt that good kind of sore....or tight....anywhere.

Anyway, I didn't want to push it, so I decided to do a brisk 3.0 mile hilly walk on a nearby trail. My blackberry app chalked that up to 301 calories since it took about 45 minutes. I don't know how accurate the exercise portion of this app is, but I can't really afford a polar heart rate monitor/watch/calorie counter/coolness/kick-ass device at this point sooooo I'll take my apps word for it. The food portion is dead on though, as I check the calories on everything I'm grabbing to eat  and then find it in the program.

Speaking of food, I was really proud of my low calorie and overall healthy eating day. I've mentioned before that watching what I eat is super difficult for me, but it's crazy how focused I am right now and how it's been more managable than it has been in the past when motivation hasn't come so easy.

Without furthur ado, here's what I ate today:

Breakfast (7:30am)
  • Banana = 105 calories
  • Fiber One Oats & Chocolate bar = 140 calories 
Snack (9:45am)
  • Hard Boiled egg = 60 calories
Lunch (1:45pm)
  • 1 packet Quaker Instant Oats Maple and Brown Sugar made with water = 157 calories
  • 3/4 cup Dole Mixed frozen fruit = 70 calories
Snack (3:30pm)
  • Frigo natural string cheese = 80 calories
  • 1/2 medium bell pepper = 15 calories
  • 1 wedge laughing cow light creamy swiss = 35 calories
Dinner (5pm)
  • Lean Cuisine Angel Hair Pomodoro =250 calories
  • 1 Navel Orange = 69 calories
  • Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate No Sugar Added Hot Cocoa Mix made with water = 60 calories
TOTAL CALORIES for the day: 1041

Tomorrow I weigh in! I last weighed in yesterday morning, so I'm anxious to see if I've made any progress yet.

Stay tuned for details, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment